Green boxes are collected on every second Monday.
The following materials are suitable for disposal in a green box:
- Junk mail
- General clean paper
- Glass bottles
- Glass jars (with lids removed and put with cans)
- Food/ aluminium cans/ jar lids/ pet food cans (washed out)
- Aerosol cans
- Biscuit/ sweet tins
- Tin foil and foil trays
- Cardboard (Cardboard (ie brown cardboard boxes, toilet rolls, egg boxes and food packaging such as cereal boxes) - put these in the green bin)
- Catalogues, shredded paper, Yellow Pages (put these in the green bin)
- Broken glass (put directly into glass banks)
- Large panes of glass (ie mirrors, windscreens, pyrex)
- Light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Ceramics and tiles
- Paint tins
- Copper and lead pipes*
- Sheets of metal*
- Carpets and rugs
- Pillows and duvets
If you have extra items for the green box, please put them in carrier bags, not black bin liners, beside or on top of the box. Use separate bags for each item.
If you would like an additional box, ring the South Cambridgeshire District Council Waste and Recycling Service on 08450 450063.
* These items can be taken to one of the household waste recycling centres at Milton or Thriplow.